After a long wait, Saudi Arabia is now accepting international travellers. Our Muslim Community has been longing to complete the Religious Pilgrimage—Umrah. But, as we all know that the pandemic has significantly affected travel and tourism, there are new Umrah guidelines in 2021. They include COVID-19 regulations, which must be strictly followed if you wish to perform Umrah this year.
One of the most important formalities begins with the Umrah Visa. The Umrah (Pilgrimage) Visa is mandatory for travellers and it is valid only for two weeks. To know more about Umrah rules 2021, you may read our blog on How to Perform Umrah Amid the Pandemic?
Besides the Umrah Visa, COVID-19 regulations to perform Umrah depend on your status of vaccination and health insurance covering the risks against COVID-19, provided by Saudi Arabia.
COVID-19-Related Rules in Saudi Arabia for International Visitors
- Ensure to check the eligibility of travel for your respective country and receive the required permits if there are any.
- As proof of good health, it is mandatory to present the state of your health through the Tawakkalna Application.
- International visitors must also get a PCR certificate from an accredited examination centre in Saudi Arabia.
Regulations Related to Vaccination of Travellers in Saudi Arabia
The following vaccines are approved by the Government of Saudi Arabia: Two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Oxford-AstraZeneca, and Moderna, and one dose of Jansen (Johnson & Johnson).
If you have received two doses of SinoPharm or SinoVac, you are considered fully vaccinated, but you will have to receive a booster shot of any one of these vaccines—Pfizer-BioNTech, Oxford-AstraZeneca, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson.
What if you have taken a vaccine in your country that is not approved by WHO?
Well, if you wish to visit Saudi Arabia for Umrah and the vaccine your country has provided you is not approved by WHO or Saudi Arabia, you have to follow the below-mentioned regulations:
- Submit a PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from your country
- Comply with institutional quarantine for 5 days after reaching Saudi Arabia
- Take two Coronavirus tests—first within 24 hours and second on the 5th day of arrival
- Quarantine ends when the Coronavirus test proves negative
Health Insurance by Saudi Arabia for Umrah Pilgrims Coming from Abroad
All travellers visiting Saudi Arabia on Umrah Visa or Tourist Visa must have insurance covering the risks of Coronavirus infection.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia provides Health Insurance coverage against the COVID-19 virus infection to foreign Umrah pilgrims.
- Umrah pilgrims will be given medical coverage up to 6,50,000 Riyals if they are tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, during their stay in Saudi Arabia Umrah pilgrimage.
- The insurance company will pay 450 Riyals per day for COVID-19 quarantine for a maximum of 14 days.
- The Council of Cooperative Health Insurance and Saudi Central bank has announced that Umrah Visa holders who visit Saudi Arabia for Pilgrimage and suffer from COVID-19, can get medical treatment under the insurance scheme.
- In case of untimely death, the insurance policy will cover up to 500 Riyals for expenses incurred in repatriating the deceased.
Insurance ensures that people’s health and safety are given the utmost importance during such uncertain times. Also, this is done to make sure that foreign visitors and pilgrims receive the facility of medical treatment when required. Overall, it encourages safe travel and tourism in the country ensuring that all precautions and measures are taken against the spread of Coronavirus.
At Elaf Umrah, we design Umrah packages to offer a seamless journey and stay experience for pilgrims. There are ready-to-book Elaf Umrah packages that include Umrah Visa, hand-picked hotels, transportation, and ground services.
You can also personalise your Umrah package and manage your bookings with our easy-to-use reservation system. We assist you with our best services and help you understand how to perform Umrah amid the pandemic.
With Hajj and Umrah expertise of over 35 years, we are serving the pilgrims. Our customer support is available through chat, call, and email. Let us assist you to ensure that all your Umrah prerequisites are completed conveniently.